What is Means TV?
Means TV is the world's
anti-capitalist streaming service.
Means TV has a library of films, documentaries, and shows with new programming added all the time, including a daily news show. All available to subscribers across desktop, mobile and smart TV devices like Roku, Fire and Apple TV.
No advertisements or product placements.
No corporate backers or VC cash ever.
We're entirely funded by people like you.
Together, we're building a long-standing, worker-owned media infrastructure that reflects and empowers the 99%.
The mission of Means TV,
as written in our bylaws, is to:
- Create a long-standing, centralized, worker-owned media infrastructure that reflects and empowers the working class
- Create and distribute worker-owned, anti-capitalist entertainment free from advertisers and extractive financing
- Practice economic, cultural, racial, religious, and gender inclusivity in the operations of the Cooperative and the admission of employee-owners to the Cooperative
The Cooperative's business shall be conducted on a cooperative basis for the mutual benefit of the Cooperative's members. The Cooperative adopts and subscribes to the seven International Cooperative Alliance cooperative principles, namely:
- Voluntary and open membership
- Democratic member control
- Members' economic participation
- Autonomy and independence
- Education, training, and information
- Cooperation among cooperatives
- Concern for community